Asset Transfer by Court Order
A division of marital assets often involves the transfer of part or all of a pension and/or retirement account to the spouse. A Qualified Domestic Relations Order from the court may be required for such transfer. In order to have all of the necessary information for an informed settlement, all pensions and retirement accounts require a value, and if one is not provided by the institution, this may require a valuation of the account in order to calculate the present day value.
The mediators at Diane Neumann & Associates will assist your reaching agreements concerning all retirement and pension plans, and these include the following:
- Pension plans, such as traditional pensions, cash balance pension plans, pension equity plans, target benefit plans, and age-weighted profit sharing plans
- Defined contribution plans, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRAs, money purchase pension plans, profit sharing plans, stock bonus plans, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Military retirement plans
- Federal Civil Service Pension Plans, including Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS), and Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts pension and retirement plans